September 21, 2012

Cutting steps in the roof of the world...up and up...

It doesn't happen as often as I wish it would, but every once in a while a track simply blows me away on the very first listen. The new single Everest by Public Service Broadcasting (a duo from London "Teaching the lessons of the past through the music of the future" - did you know that Everest was once called Peak 15?) is one of the rare few. The track is based on the 1953 documentary The Conquest of Everest and mixes a wonderful instrumental track with spoken parts from the film. The end result is nothing but stunning or as someone wrote on Youtube, this is "Absolutely breathtaking, both musically and visually" and definitely a must see (and listen)...




3 comments:

Parklife said...

This is really cool! Too bad I can't watch the video due to legal restrictions in Germany... :-/

Unknown said...

A shame - the video is quite wonderful. Hope you can find it somewhere else?

Unknown said...

I love Public Service Broadcasting, thank you for introducing them to me. If you know a similar artist please let me know. Public Service Broadcasting. PSB, like Pet Shop Boys? Coincidence? - a nice one. British synth pop at its best. I saw them support the rolling stones at hyde park - PSB were better.